Friday, August 6, 2010

You are one, ugly mother@$#%*& .... Predator Sculpt

I hit a bit of a wall with my Splice Sculpt. I found myself just sculpting in circles without accomplishing much, so I opted to take a bit of a break from him and play around with something else for a while.

I decided to make an attempt at sculpting a Predator Head. I'm thinking it will probably end up as a bust because I didn't start out using a proper head cast, but instead a "Mr. Brad" hair styling mannequin which is smaller and not proportionate to a human head. So I don't think I'll be making a mask this time around.

Anyway, this is what I've got so far. Not really basing it on any Predator Character in particular. Just playing as I go and seeing what I come up with.
(The teeth are just placed in as reference, they are not the ones that will go on the final sculpt)



I have to play around with the mouth a lot; add the ridges on the outside, and add some musculature to the inside of the jaws. And I plan to still do a lot more texturizing on the crest, but this is where it sits so far.

Thanks for looking

No comments:

Post a Comment