Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Predator Update

So, here is a bit of an update on my current sculpt.
I've had some interest from potential customers of making it into a wearable Latex Mask. I have never attempted making one before, and if their is potential to sell a few copies then hey, why not?

I've started to block out the holes for where the dreadlocks will sit on the finished piece, I've played around with some different sized teeth and experimented with the inside of the mouth a bit more, started shaping the ridges on the outside of the mandibles, and I've begun playing with some of the textures on the crest. I also placed some temporary quills on the brow, again to get a feel of the over all look.





I'm pretty happy with the way it is progressing, but I still have a long way to go. And I'm not looking forward to molding this sucker! It's a daunting challenge to say the least.

But I'm having fun and learning a lot, and that is the most important part.

No comments:

Post a Comment